Tuesday 9 October 2012

A new Sudanese birding blog

I was very pleased to hear today that one of Sudan's leading ornithologists Esmat Elhassan has just started a blog (http://sudanbirds.blogspot.com/). Looking at the site I noticed that he actually published his first post back in March, but there have been several posts more recently. I am especially pleased that some of his posts are in both English and Arabic as this will provide a much needed resource for Sudanese readers with an interest in wildlife. A couple of his posts have been on Dinder National Park and include sightings and photos of some really fabulous birds. It is absolutely top of my list of places to visit. I will be visiting Esmat's blog regularly to find out what he has been seeing and to get news on Sudanese Wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment