Friday 25 October 2013

More netting at Soba Sewage Pools

I returned to Soba Sewage Pools today to catch some more Northern Masked Weavers. Once again I had a lot of success, catching 21 weavers using only a single net. These were all new birds, with no re-traps from last week. This suggests there are a lots in the area. Nearly all were in heavy moult. I also caught a few other species of interest.

Eastern Olivaceous Warbler, Soba Sewage Pools 25th October 2013

Common Sandpiper, Soba Sewage Pools 25th October 2013

Northern Red Bishop, Soba Sewage Pools 25th October 2013

Willow Warbler, Soba Sewage Pools 25th October 2013

Greater Blue-eared Starling, Soba Sewage Pools 25th October 2013

Although I was not carrying binoculars or carrying a camera while netting, I was also able to see an African Purple Swamphen, plenty of Common Moorhens, and a Hottentot Teal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment